Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Monday 19th March, 2018
Interviews: 26th March, 2018
Proposed start date: Week beginning 9th April, 2018
Shropshire Inclusive dance is looking for a freelance administrator
This is a key role within the organisation – you will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient administration for Shropshire Inclusive Dance, working alongside the artistic directors.
You will play a key part in supporting a growing and ambitious organisation, putting administrative systems into place at the beginning of our journey and supporting us to develop and grow.
Hours: I day per week, 42 weeks per year.
Fee: £3,025 per annum. £72 per day.
Location: The Hive, 5 Belmont, Shrewsbury SY1 1TE
Time Scale: 2 Years
Term: April 2018 – April 2020
Notice: One month.
Responsible to: The artistic directors and the board.
Please apply via email to email@example.com attaching your personal statement and CV and putting “SiD administrator application” in the subject box.
Your personal statement (up to 500 words) should address:
- With reference to the job description and person specification, please outline relevant experience and skills you could bring to the role.
- Please explain why you would like to work at SiD, and how this role would develop you.
- Please include contact details of two referees.
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of Shropshire inclusive Dance and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement.
Your data will be retained only for as long as is permitted by UK legislation and then destroyed.
Interviews will be held on the 26th March at The Hive. The time will be confirmed as soon as possible.
For further information
Website – www.sidance.live
Contact Ray Jacobs 07817194644 / Rachel Liggitt 07855 931214
Duties and job description
Support the artistic directors in their duties
- Preparing contracts for freelancers
- Providing attendance monitoring information to funders
- Coordinating board meetings including organising papers, setting up meetings, liaising with board members and taking minutes
- Updating the company’s IT systems, shared drive and calendars
- Booking venues for company activity
- Weekly banking of class fees and other cash income.
- Maintaining income and expenditure records
- Processing invoices
- Creating invoices
- Managing the petty cash
- Monitoring bank accounts and bank reconciliations
- Supporting the Director in preparing budgets and financial reports
Administration relating to SiD
- Act as point of contact for SiD’s participants, contracted artists and general public; liaison with partner organisations as appropriate
- Administrative support for SiD’s special projects, including liaison with project leaders, participants and partners; booking travel and accommodation
- Maintaining the SiD diary
- Maintaining compliance documentation, policies and risk assessments
- Manage online presence of Shropshire Inclusive Dance through SiD website, social media and listings, managing website content; keep listings database current through research
- Responding to queries from participants and partners
- Assisting in all aspects of operations to ensure the smooth and effective delivery of activities
- Work actively with all staff to build public engagement
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by your line manager.
- Experience in a office, with knowledge and understanding of contract documentation and managing compliance
- Experience of financial administration
- Proven skills in working with Microsoft Excel & Word; Google docs and file sharing
- Computer literate (PC/Apple Mac)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Numeracy and ability to provide accurate financial data
- Strong customer care skills and level of responsiveness
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and challenges
- A readiness to understand and take ownership of company ethos and principles
- This is a freelance post you will be need to be registered as self employed and be responsible for your own tax assessment and Class 2 NI contributions.
|· Experience of working in an administrative role in an office environment||· Experience in managing events|
|· Experience of dealing with the public/in a customer service environment||· Experience of cash handling, finance and administration|
|· Experience of working as a team in an organisation|
|· Experience of financial administration|
|· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal||· Word press website editing|
|· Accuracy and attention to detail|
|· Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload|
|· Ability to work as part of a small team|
|· Computer literate – including proficiency with word-processing database and spreadsheet packages|
|· Interest in SiD’s area of work||· Knowledge of SiD’s area of work|
|· Knowledge of administrative systems and procedures, e.g. correspondence, filing||· Understanding of marketing dance programmes, workshops and events in the context of a small organisation|
|· Understanding the principles of equal opportunities and cultural diversity||· An interest in the arts|